Thursday 24 March 2011

[Q] OBC certificate, should I get latest or 10 year old certificate will do?

I belong to the OBC category and I have the certificate which was issued 10 years back, which I feel it's not valid and I need to renew it...but I have a doubt, Sir, Is it compulsory in the case of UPSC Civil Service for the OBC certificate to be issued before the last date of Prelims application form fill-up (some exams like SSC mentioned it should be before last date of any exam) or we can get it issued anytime as long as we can provide it in the time of Mains application form fill-up?

OBC list gets revised at regular interval.
10 year is kinda way too old, you should get a new one (and in English.)
And non-creamy layer certificate has validity of only one year.
So yes you should get both of them, latest.

You don't have to send any documents with your prelims form, but with your mains form You will be required to attach a photocopy of your category certificate, marksheets etc.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment