Wednesday 13 April 2011

Public Admin- sample notes

I am going to try to explain how I prepared the notes. Examples, etc can either be prepared beforehand or you may come up with something then and there while writing the answer. Also, linking various topics is extremely important as it leads to a complete answer. I don’t mean topics only in Pub Ad paper 1 and Pub Ad paper 2, but also relating topics in Pub Ad paper 1 and Psychology Paper 1 OR Psychology paper 2 and GS.
PA paper 1:
I have posted the notes I prepared for Kautilya from Prasad & Prasad. Through this I attempt to achieve the following:
1. How to reduce what you have to read for the exam, in order to make it manageable to revise.
2. The content remains the same, it’s only the presentation and wording which changes depending on the question asked.
3. How you can look forward to relating the topics once your notes are ready.

So this is everything I did for topic 1 from chapter 1 of paper 2. Similarly, I prepared for Mughal Administration from Fadia and Fadia & tried to revise the 2-3 pages I had again and again so that I would be able to remember the content in the exam.
Next is a topic from paper 1, Chapter 12: Public borrowings and public debt
I covered this topic from Fadia & Fadia and searched on the net for some facts. After I was finished with enough content to write a 60 marker, I did not refer anything else. I emphasised on revising as many times as I could the content I had.
Also, I would like to point out that most of the data I collected even for paper 1 topics was that of India. I never differentiated whether the topic was mentioned in paper 1 or paper 2. Answer had to be based on India. This is what the right orientation and approach is all about, and was taught very well by Pavan sir.

0 comments:

Post a Comment